1. Majordomo - David Chang’s first (and hopefully not last) LA spot. Everything from cocktails to service to food and presentation were some of the best of my life. 10/10 would fly to LA for dinner and come right back home after.
2. Weather- it’s no secret that the weather in LA is incredible- so for obvious reasons it def needs to be a factor.
3. Flea markets- Melrose Trading Post, Silver Lake Flea, and Rose Bowl flea. All have awesome finds with unique vendors. Also!! Go to ROW DTLA- an industrial retail space that hosts smorgasborg on Sundays.
My fav spots @ ROW:
-Bodega (a sneaker speakeasy)
-Shades of Grey by Micah Cohen
4. Tacos- I didn’t make it to the infamous Mariscos Jalisco truck, but instead I ate at Tacos Tu Madre, a casual order at the window spot with the best carnitas tacos I've ever had.
5. People- some say LA-ers have a pretentious/fake reputation, and luckily I didn’t get any of that. Most of the people I came in contact with were super friendly and like-minded, which made the trip that much better.
6. Shop on Abbot Kinney- what’s your fav brand? There’s most likely a location on AK. In my opinion the best area to shop in LA.
7. Santa Monica sunsets- no words needed.
8. Drive the PCH to Malibu at golden hour. The sunlight in LA is just different and once 3:00pm hits, everything just gets golden and majestic. Malibu is a true gem on its own, throw in a sunset and cue me questioning every reason I live in NJ.
Drone Video by James Ramirez
Song- Play Out by Zola Blood